Monday, May 19, 2008

Workin' it

Somewhere close overhead, Daddy is walking around on the roof of our house with a leaf blower, blasting "whirlygigs" (maple tree seeds) from the gutters. We got a double whammy of whirlygigs this spring because the maple trees didn't produce them last year.

Well kids, these last couple of weeks spent loafing around the house have been fun, but now it's time for me to join the ranks of the gainfully employed. I'll be working at The Hawk Eye (the newspaper, not the restaurant!) in Burlington for the next eight weeks. Today's my first day back in the newsroom, so I'll be leaving for B-town in a couple of hours. I'm a bit nervous, but at least it's a familiar environment; I did my internship there last summer. The big difference this time is that I'll be on the payroll as a full-time employee--though I'll still hold the title of "news intern"--so more will be expected of me.

No pressure, right?

1 comments:

Fraction Magazine said...

hey meg. how's the work treating you? I switched my blog over to www.joshuaspees.com/journal1

Google was searching it and I wanted it to be for friends and family, not just the random public so I gave it a new address.

Hope you are well.

josh

 

Of handshakes and heartbreak. © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner